Saturday 14 August 2010

Market day

Having risen before the lark this morning, I've already made my way up to Stockport for today's game. I may be 5 hours early, but there is method to my madness.
Saturday is market day in Stockport, and that means cheese, very tasty cheese! I've already been for this trip's consignment: as always the problem has been deciding what to take home!
In fact, that's a problem with the whole food hall. Right now I'm sat in a little cafe with butchers, fishmongers and delicatessens all around me and all buzzing with people. Everything looks tempting but there is only so much that I can take back (both in terms of bulk and not spoiling on the way home).
It's also great for people watching; what is really nice to see is people of all ages using this market to get fruit, veg, meat, tights, socks, bread and even vacuum bags! It is, as every market should be; right at the heart of the community.
Now, how on earth do I get those tasty looking smoked haddock fillets home......


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment